The beginning.......

I have had a very exciting week and decided to put my passions on "paper" in e-space.
I have been painting and making since I remember.
I was brought up in Poland and the only thing I remember doing on winter, cold evenings were cross stitch and knitting. I still have some of the pictures I made and will publish them very soon.

In the past week I have been busy painting furniture and trying new paint (to me) made by Annie Sloan. The paint is absolutely amazing and inspiring. http://www.anniesloan.com/

I used to use Farrow and Ball paints and loved every piece I painted but Annie's paint is so versatile.

I painted a desk that we had in my husband's studio
.... picture of before and after. I used Duck egg blue and Old white on the top with dark wax all over (I am still practising it)




I have also found an amazing shop run by Karen called Country Mouse http://www.countrymousehome.co.uk/ and she showed me all the paints and how to use them. She has been absolutely amazing! x

Now I just need to practise........I have also painted one of my pine corner units to display my vintage tins.....this is how it came out......not 100% happy but will be better next time.....




I have more great stuff coming so watch this space :) x