Country Living Spring Fair

My daffodils present themselves beautifuly in front of our house.

The Spring has finally arrived so did Country Living Spring Fair. By the entrance there was this lovely beautifuly scented garden. It reminded me of the Chelsea Flower Show. The garden was just perfect and very colourful. I was expecting the show to be very busy as it was Saturday and lots of people visit at the weekend; in places it was so busy that getting through was almost impossible. The main reason I booked the saturday was the seminars; Colour in the home Presented by Joe Studholme, Farrow and Ball paints and Laura Ashley Decorating Workshop, Seminar. I love both and would regret not being part of it. Joe was absolutely fantastic and talked about the colour schemes. For some all the shades of white (neutral colour) look very similar almost the same. We got a mood chart which shows 4 groups of tones; warm grey tones, warm reds, yellow tones, cool greys. All can be found on their website but having someone talking about the colour, styles of decorating, use of colour and wallpapers was great and very inspiring. I met lovely Gabriella aka Moobaacluck She creates gorgeous personalised wooden decorations; prints, canvases and stationery for special occasions, children's rooms, the home. Gabriella is also a very talented painter and has done book illustrations. I love all her paintings especially paintings of flowers; like this beautiful poppies


I treated myself to this lovely print of red tulips which can still be purchased from Gift Wrapped and Gorgeous


The next place I stopped by was Country Styled Homes and met lovely Larch.


Country Styled Homes is an online shop which sell a range of handmade simple, Shaker and New England-style gifts and decorative items for both home and garden.


Many of the products are handmade including hand-painted wooden items, hand-made homespun scented gifts, personalised embroidered hearts and other items as well as wreaths, garlands and hearts made from dried flowers and fruits. For crafters they stock a range of dried fruit, lavender, herbs and spices, wooden and tin shapes and shells and a range of homespun fat quarters.


On the stand I spotted egg cosie and notebook by Jane Lindsey aka Snapdragon, another great designer which I have been following for some time now.


Beauitful cards
I absolutely loved the hanging boats
Hearts - my favourite subject

more lovely cards, hearts and tea cosy


The sea side theme looked fantastic.

I really enjoyed my day at the Spring Fair and I will definitely be going for the Christmas one later on this year.