Les Puces de Saint-Ouen - flea market in Paris

"Le marche aux puces de Saint-Ouen" has been in the same place since 1885. It is located within an easy reach of Paris city centre. The metro line 4 that we wanted to use was closed so it took us much longer to get to the market but it was worth it! BTW I would not call this market a flea market but a museum. It is amazing!
The Paris flea market opens on Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays. It is one of the most popular flea markets in Paris and the biggest in Europe, I was told.

You can find everything here from stylish furniture to old postcards or old Vogue patterns. I also spotted an old LV suitcase.
In the fifties and sixties, the Paris flea market had a reputation as a place where you could buy intereseting old furniture at very low prices.
This is not the case anymore, most of the prices were (in my opinion) far too high. I think it would take a real French person to bargain a good price.
The market is very Parisian and really worth visiting. We bought nothing but took lots of inspiring photos which I am going to share with you:



I loved every single chair I saw on the market but since we travelled to Paris on the plane there was no way AirFrance would let me take something so big!




There were crates, lamps, wardrobes, patterns, books, magazines, vintage clothing, bedding, baskets etc etc and lots of everything for everyone. Apparently Woody Allen has filmed there and Mr Microsoft (Bill Gates) bought stuff for his home in the US.




I was told off for taking this photo :( but I still have it!