Somerset - Heaven on Earth

Somerset has a special place in my heart and I hope you have been to few places I am going to write about or you will get inspired and go to see Wells, the coast, Cheddar Caves and Gorge very soon :)

We stayed in Wells last spring. The first on our list was Shepton Flea and Collectors Market.
I was amazed by this massive flea market. There was everything from rugs, blankets, glass, plates, antiques to childres books and fabrics. I was so excited to be there and just rumage that I did not take any photos! Later that year the market was featured on Kirstie's homemade home! It is worth visiting for insipration, you don't have to spend a penny.

As mentioned we stayed in a lovely B&B in Wells and the Cathedral just blew me away!

All the lovely cottages around and behind the Cathedral look like it is a little village from hundreds years ago!







and the amazing Wells Cathedral :)

While in Wells I spotted a lovely shop with cards, mugs, home stuff etc.

Since it was Sunday the shop was shut and I could only see as far as the window display on which I found a picture by the most talented designer Becky from Dots and Spots. I discovered Dots and Spots by looking on the web for some colourful and hand made cards. I quickly fell in love and started buying a bit of everything of what Becky was making. Once the decorative tape was introduced I was in heaven. I bought many rolls of different designes and used them for everything! The most time consuming but absolutely fantastic thing I made was a paper chain using the tape :)

I had the pleasure of meeting lovely Becky and her husband - Jeff - on Top Drawer in London this year. The stand looked amazing and as far as I know was a big success. Good luck! x

The next place we went to was a lovely Victorian village by the sea side - Clevedon. It is well known for the beautiful Grade 1 listed Pier. Once you get on it you just walk and walk, almost to Bristol :)
I planned a lot and my husband gets a bit irritated as there is only so many hours in a day and you can drive so far in 5 minutes. I decided to give my family 10 minutes rest.
My husband - amazing desiger and maker and our sweet little Heidi in this photo

We went to see where the Cheddar cheese matures - Cheddar Caves and Gorge. We drove around and found some beautiful places, shops, buildings and some great food too :)

I always try to take pictures of things that inspire me or I just think they are beautiful.

The same was with the below photo - a picture of beach huts. I thought it was fab and took a photo but did not take the designer's name....anyone knows????
This coming Bank Holiday we are planning to spend in Blakeney, Norfolk. Hotel is booked so need to plan what to see and where to go.
If any of you know interesting shops or places to go to, please write :)
thank you xxx